Most women enter menopause between the age of 45–55 and experience a variety of physical symptoms. So what is menopause and what can you expect during this transitional time of your life?
Menopause is the point in a woman’s life where she has stopped menstruating for 12 months. Menopause happens when a woman’s estrogen level drops and the ovaries stop releasing eggs every month.
Before menopause, a woman goes through a menopausal transition or perimenopause, that could last anywhere between 7 to 14 years. The individual will start to experience hormonal fluctuations and the associated physical symptoms.
After menopause, a woman enters post-menopause. While most of the symptoms (e.g., hot flashes) would subside, the individual is also more vulnerable to heart disease and osteoporosis.
In addition, menopause can be induced by hysterectomy, the surgical removal of the ovaries.
What Are the Symptoms of Menopause?
Some women experience more menopausal symptoms than others and the common ones include…
- Hot flashes
- Mood swings
- Racing heart rate
- Joint or muscle pains
- Lowered sex drive
- Virginal dryness
- Bladder control problems.
Entering menopause doesn’t mean you have to feel old. The symptoms don’t have to be your “new normal.”
When you make lifestyle adjustments to balance your hormones, you can take back control over how you feel by managing your symptoms. Here’s how:
- Visit a NuFemme clinic and get a custom Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) treatment plan to balance your estrogen and progesterone levels.
- Natural remedies include the use of herbs, supplements, and botanicals to relieve discomforts.
- Eat a balanced diet to minimize weight gain and the risk of heart disease.
- Add weight-bearing exercises to strengthen bone health.
- Try alternative treatments such as acupuncture.
- Practice gentle yoga and mindful breathing to relieve stress and anxiety.
Hormone therapy with NuFemme Medical is a safe and powerful option that can help you get back control over your body. Contact a NuFemme medical provider today to learn more about how the benefits of a customized hormone balancing plan that can help you safely and effectively manage the uncomfortable symptoms we experience during menopause.