Hot flashes and night sweats are the most common menopausal symptoms. On average, most women experience hot flashes for 7 years during perimenopause and menopause.
What Causes Hot Flashes?
There are several factors that may cause hot flashes, including hormonal fluctuations and changes in the hypothalamus (the body’s thermostat.) Other factors, such as weight gain, smoking, and ethnicity can also explain why certain groups in the population experience hot flashes more than others.
Holistic Strategies For Managing Hot Flashes
While hot flashes aren’t necessarily harmful, they can be extremely bothersome and significantly impact your quality of life. Here are some ways to manage your hot flashes:
- Stay away from dietary triggers such as caffeine, alcohol, and spicy foods.
- Practice stress reduction techniques such as breathing, yoga, and meditation.
- Incorporate exercise into your daily routine.
- Add soy products to your diet which contain plant-estrogen that may reduce hot flashes.
- Wear light-weight and loose-fitting clothes to stay comfortable.
- Stop smoking.
- Balance your hormones with NuFemme Rejuvenation.
Hormone balancing with NuFemme Medical is a safe and powerful option that can help you get back control over your body. Contact a NuFemme medical provider today to learn more about how the benefits of a customized hormone therapy plan that can help you safely and effectively relieve the discomforts of menopause.