While having mood swings is absolutely normal as you are going through menopause, you can take control to minimize its impact on your life and relationships. Understanding what causes the symptoms and how you can control them better will help you transition gracefully into the next chapter of your life.
During menopause, most women experience a decline in estrogen, which affects how the body manages the neurotransmitters serotonin and norepinephrine. This hormonal imbalance often leaves us women with less control over depression, anxiety, and all around stress regulation. This lack of control is what we call a mood swing.
It’s not uncommon to feel sad or irritable during menopause. There are many ways to cope with these emotional changes so you can minimize their impact on your life and relationships:
- Discuss the use of bioidentical hormone replacement with a qualified medical professional at NuFemme Medical to re-balance the hormones you are currently lacking.
- Eat a healthy diet while avoiding sugar and processed foods.
- Practice breathing exercises, yoga, and meditation to manage stress and promote relaxation.
- Exercise regularly to boost your “happy hormones.”
- Cut down on caffeine and alcohol consumption.
- Nurture your relationships with friends and family members. Don’t hesitate to reach out and ask for support.
Hormone balancing with NuFemme Medical is a safe and powerful option that can help you get your emotional stability back. Contact a NuFemme medical provider today to learn more about how the benefits of a customized hormone therapy plan that can help you safely and effectively take back control.